- New Gear
- Bike Gear
- Triathlon Packages and Bundles
- Tri LAB Gear
GU Chomps offer a change of pace from gels and an answer to that moment in your run, ride, ski, swim, hike…. when you just gotta have something to chomp on.
GU Chomps deliver the premium ingredients and performance benefits you've come to expect from
GU Energy products:
• Amino acids for added focus, rippin' energy and speedy recovery.
• Vitamin C + E, those mighty antioxidants that combat tissue breakdown.
• Sodium and potassium to restore electrolyte balance.
• Exclusive blend of complex and simple carbohydrates.
Ingredients and Benefits:
GU Chomps utilize GU Energy Gel's proven blend of carbohydrates, amino acids, antioxidants and electrolytes
in a chewable form.
• Like GU, Chomps contain a balance of complex carbohydrates (maltodextrin) and simple carbs (tapioca syrup and cane sugar) as the basis for delivering fast and usable energy. Each carbohydrate plays a key role in fueling your competitive fire. Together they get you moving faster and longer, not to mention helping you feel better on the rebound.
• Of course there is more to GU and Chomps than just carbs. Both contain branched chain amino acids, which provide extra energy during exercise and play a key role in maintaining concentration and accelerating recovery from a hard workout or race.
• GU Chomps are the only energy chews on the market with amino acids.
• GU Chomps are chock full of two key antioxidants, all natural vitamins C and E. Free radicals hate us! We can't guarantee that you won't bonk or won't be sore after a long workout, but certainly the advanced food science behind GU products will help.
• GU Chomps are the only energy chew on the market with 100% DV of Vitamins C & E.
• Meaningful levels of electrolytes, when supported by water, help you stay hydrated and firing on all cylinders.
• GU Chomps contain 55mg of sodium & 40mg of potassium per serving.
Caffeine has meaningful benefits for athletes during training or racing as it:
• stimulates the central nervous system
• increases the release of adrenalin and helps the body metabolize fat as fuel.
• GU Chomps are available in a variety of caffeinated and caffeine-free flavors.
Each serving of GU Chomps contains 4 pieces (90 calories) and will provide enough fuel for approximately 45-60 minutes of activity. One packet of Chomps contains 2 servings, which will keep you fueled for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
• 1 packet of Chomps = 2 servings = 1 ½ to 2 hours of activity
For optimal results, always drink 24 to 30 ounces of fluid per hour of exercise.