The Triathlon LAB - Triathlon "Starter Kit"
"Like any other sports that require more gear, we were trying to make it more affordable for people who were participating in our triathlon training camps to purchase everything they would need. Especially since entry level triathlon bikes sell for around $1200 , our "Starter Kit" needed to include a new bicycle, a wetsuit, the triathlon clothing and other necessary items for the same price. So we chose a road bike for both its simplicity and function. Not only was it a lower sticker price, we also felt it offered a more user friendly design for beginners rather than the traditional triathlon bikes we were selling. A road bike geometry is comfortable to train on and it uses STI shifters, a triple crank set and higher cassette gear ratios; bike options that most first timers could appreciate more. Not everyone, especially a beginner will notice the differences of forward seat-tube geometry, deep dish wheels and bar-end shifters. Besides, although we're confident most beginners who complete their first triathlon will end up enjoying this sport, some are unsure if they will love this sport for a long time afterwards. At least when they purchase this package, they don't have to worry if they'll wind up regretting it later. They'll just go out and ride and have fun." explains Lloyd Taylor-CEO/Founder of Triathlon LAB.
The TRIATHLON STARTER KIT - Details
The triathlon starter kit package contains all the necessary gear needed to train and compete in triathlons at a price that won't break the bank! The following is all included in this package for $999.98!
1. Felt Z100 or Felt ZW100
Frame: Speedster 6061 alloy Fork: carbon, alloy steerer Group set: Shimano Sora / 2300 Wheels: Scott Comp hubs, Alex Race 28 Aero rims
| ||51 ||54 ||56 ||58 ||61 |
|Head Tube Angle ||72 ||72.5 ||72.5 ||72.5 ||72.5 |
|Seat Tube Angle ||74.5 ||74 ||73.5 ||73 ||73 |
|Top Tube Horizontal ||525 ||545 ||560 ||575 ||595 |
|Top Tube Center to Center ||507 ||526 ||540 ||553 ||574 |
|Head Tube Length ||140 ||160 ||180 ||200 ||220 |
|Seat Tube Center to Top ||470 ||500 ||520 ||540 ||570 |
|Seat Tube Center to Center ||425 ||445 ||465 ||485 ||515 |
|Bottom Bracket Drop ||70 ||70 ||70 ||70 ||70 |
|Bottom Bracket Rise ||- ||- ||- ||- ||- |
|Chainstay Length ||417 ||417 ||417 ||417 ||417 |
|Front Center ||584 ||595 ||605 ||615 ||635 |
|Wheelbase ||990 ||1002 ||1012 ||1022 ||1042 |
|Rake ||52 ||52 ||52 ||52 ||52 |
|Standover Height ||713 ||726 ||746 ||765 ||792 |
|Fork Length ||370 ||370 ||370 ||370 ||370 |
|Lower HS Stack ||1 ||1 ||1 ||1 ||1 |
|Reach ||372 ||382 ||386 ||390 ||404 |
|Stack ||540 ||561 ||580 ||599 ||618 |
2. Water Bottle - 22 oz
3. Water bottle Cage - alloy
4. Zoot Force 1.0 Sleeveless Wetsuit (full suit upgrade available)
5. Triathlon Shorts
6. Triathlon Top
7. Bell Solar or Louis Garneau Atlantis Helmet* – black or Silver - *Helmet brand may differ based on availability. We will send a helmet of equal or greater value.
8. TYR Racetech or Blue Seventy Element Goggles - available in clear or smoke: Features low profile, wide angle, anti-fog lenses, leak proof Thermo Plastic Rubber (TPR) gaskets, universal fit, easy adjust side clips, split latex head strap and UV protection.
9. Latex TYR Swim Cap - available in many colors. Lightweight and secure fit 10. Louis Garneau or RSS Transition Duffle Bag – Black or Black/Charcol. This bag is designed to offer everything the beginner triathlete needs and then some. This bag has plenty of room to accommodate all your gear and it comes with an expandable and detachable dry compartment. The bag is sized and designed ergonomically so that it is comfortable on the bike.
11. Race Number Belt - This belt is adjustable to fit your waist and features snap buttons which easily snap over race number to hold it in place. This race number belt eliminates the use of safety pins and subsequent damage to your racesuit. It is 1" wide. Available in black, red, blue.
12. Body Glide .45 oz-anti-chafing and anti-blister stick Apply it in any areas where chafing can be a concern, such as the neckline area when wearing a wetsuit, under the arm area when wearing a sleeveless wetsuit. Between the legs, on the feet, ankles, etc.
13. TYR Alliance Triathlon Bag: he Alliance Team Backpack II is packed with features. An internal goggle saver pocket, digital media pocket and reinforced inner pockets provide strength and durability, while suit hanger carabiners allow for added versatility. Featuring a large wet/dry compartment for quicker drying and reduced odor and adjustable straps for custom sizing.
Package price: $999.98 with Felt Z100
Upgrade Options: *Zoot Sports 1.0 fullsuit wetsuit upgrade for $49.98 *If you would like a different bike, please ask. We can make substitutions with price adjustments if applicable. Please note: This item is not eligible for further discounting, including coupons or club discounts. This item cannot be shipped, however it can be purchased online and picked up at your convenience. Please call with questions: 310-374-9100